Monday 28 April 2014

The Birds and the Bees ~ by Dot Allan

"The Birds and the Bees"
is my 3rd DT piece for The Artistic Stamper!

Spring is in the air up North and the flowers are starting to pop out and brighten everyone's gardens up.  
Flowers, birds and bees are the first thing that come to mind 
and seemed appropriate for this card.



Like the other two projects, I have used specialty paper 
and re-inkers as my base.
My inspiration has come from the "Botanical Plate 1" 
and "Birds of a Feather" stamp sets 
from Jennie's shop...these really are gorgeous stamps!

The background has been kept fairly simple, then splattered with distress inks.  I am trying to "embrace white", 
which isn't all that easy to do when you are use to working with
lots of ink.









This lot of pics shows a step x step progression of the masking 
that I used to build up the 
base story of the card.
(sorry if the pics aren't quite focused, but it had to be stamped and photographed quickly as the light was fading fast)
To finish the card off I have added some dimension by
stamping more flowers onto scrap pieces of the background,
fussy cutting and adding using magic mount.
This just adds that little bit more depth and gives the chance to throw in some more colour to make it pop.

Some tissue tape on the edges.
And mounting the piece onto black cardstock
that has been edged with Fresco Finish Paints.
I like how they have kept their colour on the black cardstock!

I have had heaps of fun this month here at 
The Artistic Stamper  
and I would like to thank Jennie and her team for inviting
me over to play.


The Artistic Stamper Stamps ~
Other Stamps ~
  • Stampers Anonymous - Urban Chic
  • Stampers Anonymous - Nature Walk
Other Items ~
  Enjoy!




13 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful card, Dot! Like everything about this!

Paula Whittaker said...

Fab piece.

Sid said...

A lovely creation !!

rachel said...

this is fabulous - such depth and dimension - I love it! Hugs rachel xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

This is really fabulous, beautiful work. Love it

Nikki K said...

Absolutely gorgeous, colours and.depth are fab. Love the stamps too. Xx

Astrid Maclean said...

A really lovely make Dot and such great use of those stamps!! It's been lovely to have you with us this month! Thank you!!

Jenny Marples said...

You've seriously rocked your Guest term Dot! Great work again. Jenny x

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful, I love you built up the images.

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic stamping, Dot - love how you built up the flowers around the cage - so clever and so beautiful as a finished card - I love it! It's been great having you on board this month.
Alison x

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the background! I'm going to give it a go as I'm another 'cover the white eek' girl!!

Renee said...

Truly stunning card! Love the 3D flowers around the birdcage, great idea.

craftytrog said...

A stunning creation Dot! xxx