Tuesday 21 January 2014

Hanger with my granny's postcards...

Salut la compagnie, this is Titbelsoeur here !
Today, my project for the Artistic Stamper's CT is a hanger I have made placing each element on top of the other one...

the support is a cloth label you see a bit of at the very bottom of the picture.
the 2nd layer is a piece of cardboard I have distressed with gesso, walnut stain and black paint
on top of it, I glued a book page, a flower-stamped tag and a paper mat, all distressed,
then added a photo negative and the cupcake-cloth label
And on the top, the post card stamped on painting paper.
After that, I slipped the 2 old post cards between the label-support and the cardboard, and made them solid to the string with a tiny clothespin.



The Artistic Stamper's stamps I used to make this hanger are :


post card, address and text from the Carte Postale size A5© Katy Fox
flower from the Encyclopaedia Botanica Size A5 © Katy Fox
and you may find both HERE

I would be very happy if my make inspires you, thank you so much for stopping by, I am looking forward to reading your comments !
A tout bientôt,

8 comments:

Dominike said...

Très sympa. J'adore ces superpositions.

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow Tit, this looks fantastic! Absolutely love how you put this together. The postcard looks amazing!!

Unknown said...

Look so vintage! I admire the materials and the design you created. How I wish I'm as creative as you too, though Printing4u custom designs are amazing too, I still want to make fantastic postcards like yours. Congratulations!

Words and Pictures said...

What a fantastic "vintage" collection - brilliant ageing and distressing.
Alison x

Juliz Design Post said...

This is stunning. I love the vintage feel you have collectively put on your project.
Julie x

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing!

Gaby Bee said...

Beautiful! I love the way you blend it all together!

Gaby xo

craftytrog said...

A beautiful vintage piece Tit! xxx