Thursday 14 July 2011

Tropical Bottle

Good Morning everyone ... I'm back with my 2nd project as Guest Designer for July! As the British Summer has failed to start for most of us I thought I would whisk us off to far more tropical shores. I created the tag using the Tag & Bookplate die from Tim Holtz Alterations line for Sizzix.
I used Adirondack Colour Wash (Butterscotch, Sunset Orange & Red Pepper) to create the tropical colours . I used Seaside No1 plate stamping with a combination of the new Archival Inks (Vermillon, Monarch Orange, French Ultramarine, Veridan & Aquamarine).

For the bottle I used the Inspiration Jars plate stamping onto Clearly For Art (Studio 490) then trimming to size.

Finally I added the Philosophy Tag from the Ideaology range! ... I hope you have enjoyed this splash of summer. I will be back with my final project towards the end of the month. TFL. Gillian

9 comments:

Minxy said...

Oh I say, this is cool, love the composition of her coming out the bottle and the colours in perfect keeping with this months challenge x

Lori said...

This is so COOL! What a creative piece, Gillian, I LOVE it!

Sid said...

Fab effects with the bottle !!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

a great summery piece! now show me the sun please!!!! lol
Thank you for joining us again
xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful piece, love the use of the bottle.

Artyjen said...

Summer in a bottle...how fab!
xoxo Sioux

Kirsten Alicia said...

Fantastic tag, love the colours & the bottle.

Debo said...

I love what you've created here! Must get some Clearly Art now!

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous creation Gillian! Great use of the stamps! xx