Thursday 7 July 2011

Shrunken Charm! by Nicky Cresswell

Good day fellow stampers, Minxy in the house today,
 As you may know we have a bit of a Baubles and Accoutrements theme going on this month.
{by the way they're on sale so snap em up while you can}
So after racking my brain I though i'd showcase the baubles and what better way to do that than with a fetching bag charm.
***
I started by stamping 2 bird cages from the birds of a feather & free as a bird plates with black archival ink and 3 of the larger birds from the birds of a feather plate in carnation archival ink onto some lightly sanded shrink plastic, I cut them out and punched the holes I needed with my crop-a-dile and inserted the jump rings before shrinking.
Once I had shrunk all the pieces down it was a simple task of putting it all together.
I started with one of the Idea-ology swivel clasps
Then I just played about with the layout and placement of the pieces and baubles till I was happy with the look. I love the large bauble from the set as you can harvest some of the tassel chain to add more character to the other areas of the piece. You can also hang things from it using jump rings like I did with the bottom bird.
So what will you do with your Baubles and Accoutrements!
Thanks for stopping by.
Stay Inky

16 comments:

Zuzu's Blog said...

This looks really good. That first bird cage looks very 3D. nice job Minxy...

Lesley said...

Wow this makes me want to play with shrink wrap again. I love this, so 3D and all those baubles really make this an attractive piece.

Neil said...

This is lovely, thanks for sharing.

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant use of shrinkies, love how you put it together!

Kat said...

love those hot pink birds
nicky.
Kat.

Dragon said...

This s great and what a different handbag dangler!!! I love birdcages and I don't know why!! LOvely work
Frankie
xx

Artyjen said...

Love the pink birds! A handbag charm to be proud of ;)
xoxo Sioux

Joanne said...

This is super. Love the colour of the birds. Been doing a bit of shrinking to make charms myself lately but can't show just yet as it was for a challenge. Those cages are to die for.
Hugs Joanne xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant! Fab idea Nicky! xx

Gabrielle said...

Love love love this! Such a clever idea and the birds are fabulous!

Jingle said...

What a great project! Love it!

Gerri Herbst said...

Fabulous charms...I adore these.

Minxy said...

Thank you everyone xxx

Lori said...

Oooo, love this!

TinaB said...

Beautiful!!! Great idea xx

PsyPenguin said...

Beautiful - love the little pink birdies. xx