Monday 2 May 2011

CUTE AS A BUTTON

Hi all,
Kat here, AKA Kat's craft creations
(didn't realise it would be quite so soon) lol,

Hels has asked if I would like to make a
couple (three) of projects in May
featuring the very fabulous & very cute
MABEL LUCIE ATTWELL stamps,
how could I refuse, I was only to pleased to step up, & have a play
with these cute little characters Jennie sent me, they are so adorable,

Here's my first project,
using a cute little chap called BUTTON


I decided on an easel card (my first ever)
I raided my scraps box & used all bit's & bob's
that were left overs, or bit's that weren't quite right for
previous projects, (you know we all have a box like this) lol


I started by drawing round a chipboard shape
for the card base, then covering it with patterned paper
next I took a circle cut from a nestie,
stamped the BUTTON character,
& then coloured him with DISTRESS INKS


Next I matted & layered my scraps of paper & card
after distressing the edges with Tim Holtz Paper Distresser



I stamped the words cute as a, with Jet black archival inks
& then added scraps of lace, paper flowers, gold ribbon
 & a large button from my stash.
& there you have it!

Hope you like it!
I'm back here on the 13th with my next Mabel project,
hope to see you then!
Kat x.

6 comments:

Helen said...

He is as cute as a button! Well done with your easel card - if that's your first go, well done indeed. Maybe I should have a go!!

Artyjen said...

Long time no see! HOL!
Super card......looks perfect :)
xoxo Sioux

Sid said...

Great card...love blue and brown together !

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

A very clever card:) Thank you for being a guest this month
Jennie x

1CardCreator said...

Wow, what a cute card!

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous card Kat! xx